Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 6, 2011

20 LBS, 100k and the Vancouver Sun Run

Starting Weight 294.3
Current Weight 274.2
Total Lost 20.1
Weight to Go 77bs
Distance Walked 100.5

 It's been just over two months since I started this. In that time I have lost 20 lbs and walked over 100k. More importantly, I have changed my attitude and habits.
A typical day starts with a protien shake, a banana or two pieces of multigrain toast and a walk with Elvis. A mid morning snack might be almonds or grapes, or a small piece of chicken or a dill pickle. Versatility meet leftovers! Lunch is usually 2 wraps, ancient grain with chicken or ham, veggies and a hot spicy Thai sauce. Mid afternoon is more leftovers or a salad or occasionally a protien bar. Dinner is pretty much whatever I want, typically meat or chicken, fish and rice. I don't obsess over dinner, I'm usually quite aware of what I've had for the day and I don't go overboard. If I get the munchies, I still love Vector cereal and blueberries. I still don't drink as many of the protien shake as I should, but I don't like them with water and even though I'm now using skim milk, I try to limit the intake. I drink 3 or 4 litres of water during the day. I still have a glass of wine at night, though I haven't had a beer in weeks.
I've lost one full pant size and one shirt size.
I've also committed to the Vancouver Sun Run on April 17th. I won't run it, but I will fast walk and slow jog. My goal is to finish in under 1 hr 45, and not in pain.
Hope you all will join me. Also, does anyone have any training tips for me? Please let me know as time is limited so I want to be as productive as I can given my schedule. See you soon

No comments:

Post a Comment