Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 3, 2011

It Hurts!


Nobody told me that if you only rollerblade every 8 or 9 years you don't get any better. Who'd a thunkit!
Dallon took me out yesterday to check my prowess on the old wheels. Apparantly I'm not a lock to make the Canucks. For someone with such big legs, they sure felt weak. Though I never actually fell down, there were a couple of times that it was close. Ten minutes passing a hockey ball around and a twenty minute skate on the backroads of Derby Reach and my pins felt like jello. Sure built up a sweat though. I'm going to try and incorporate this new hobby into my regime. I can hardly wait for spring, I can get back on the golf course and pretend that it's excercise. It is about a 9 or 10 k walk, it's just it takes 5 hours to do it and it's ended with an ice cold beer!
Also, I had my first protien shake. I used it as a substitute for breakfast. It certainly makes it easier and they are surprisingly tasty. Just add milk (1%) and ice cubes and a banana and whip it up in the Magic Bullet and away we go. I didn't feel hungry either. I think I'll get in this habit, it's easier than an omelette when it comes to getting my protien.

No comments:

Post a Comment