Total Pageviews

Monday, January 31, 2011

The Great Wall


Starting Weight 294.3
Current Weight 283
Total Loss 11.3 lbs
Weight to go 87 lbs
Distance Traveled 46.5k
Okay, so it's not that big of wall. I knew that I would eventually hit a snag, a wall if you will, where I wouldn't lose any weight in a week. I just expected it to be much farther in the journey. As my sister in law Sue said, "Muscle weighs more than fat", and I'm hoping that's what is happening.
Now, I only did about 12k this week, not enough I know. I'm really going to have to step it up, I need to push the 20k mark per week. Also, Adele and I had a family birthday party on Saturday and for the first time since the hockey game on Jan 4th, I had a couple of beers. And Cake. And wine. And potatoes. And Chips. Not exactly the best choices, so I'm looking at it like, I ate all that and still didn't put on any weight! Yay.
Little things: I park the car as far away as I can in every shopping mall I go to. I force myself to walk a little farther. This is not reflected in any of the totals for walked miles. This is in addition to. We have gone from 2% milk to 1% and neither of us can tell the difference. This is important because since I started this I have had cereal (Vector) most mornings for breakfast and I have gone from almost no milk to 3 or 4 glasses a week.
I really enjoy walking when I have a partner. "T" my granddaughter and I did a 3.3k walk on Sunday when I parked at Costco, then walked, then went shopping. I bought a Magic Bullet- a deluxe mixer, blender thing that allows me to make a protien drink in the same container that I take with me, less dishes.
So, goal this week is 20k, no beer and smaller portions. Wish me luck

1 comment:

  1. Dave:

    Great blog, and you're very courageous to do this in public. You're setting a great example.

    ReplyDelete