Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2011-What the hell?


I was never supposed to get to 2011 and be a fat man. I was always the big guy, big boned, broad shouldered, husky. Well. husky has turned into fat, no nice way to say it, just fat. (I'm the short fat one wearing the tablecloth)
I am 53, have just finished a course in property managment and desperately need to get back to work. I have never had a career, I've always had a series of jobs, one industry to another, pretty good at this, not bad at that. I've accumulated a lot of skills, just never the ones I needed to "become" anything.
Well, it's a new year and dammit, it's time for a change. Not just job wise, but physical, mental and emotional health. I've tried everything to lose weight including most diets. Atkins actually worked for a while. I lost 60 pounds and it was easy...until I went off it. Massive binge, gluttony, the whole deal. I put every ounce and then some back on. Guess what, something's got to give.
I thought that by posting this online, I may have the inspiration I need to complete this journey. If nothing else, the fact that I have to embarrass myself in public should give me some motivation. As of today, I will be posting my weight, my progress, my highs and lows and maybe even some pictures.

January 1st, 2011
Height 6'
Weight 294.3
They say the first step is the easiest, so we'll see. Getting on the scale was actually cathartic. I actually expected to weigh over 300 because of the Christmas booze and all the sweets. I want to lose 100 pounds. Wow!, that's another human being. My goal weight is 197 pounds. I have that number in my head. I have a picture of me at that weight (I think I was 22). I actually looked skinny.
Food: yogurt and bran flakes for breakfast, lunch was leftover chili and supper was a tuna salad. Good start.
Excercise: The goal is to walk every day. I took my little mutt Elvis out and we did a slow and casual 2k walk. Easy.

1 comment:

  1. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!

    I'm so proud of you neighbor!

    ReplyDelete