Total Pageviews

Friday, January 14, 2011

Hey, I'm in Aldergrove!

Starting Weight: 294.3
Current weight: 287.2
Total Loss to date: 7.1 lbs
Pounds to go to total: 90.2
Distance traveled 25.5 k

I thought since this blog is called Fat Man Walking, I would try and figure out where I would be if I walked east from our home in North Langley. Well after 25.5 k, I'm in Aldergrove, a small farming community between Langley and Abbotsford. You all know it as home to the Vancouver Zoo.
One of the concerns I have is trying to walk in inclement weather. With 6 inches of snow on the ground on Wednesday, I chose to shovel snow with some other hearty souls at the marina instead of walking in it. I certainly built up a sweat, so we'll trade that off for the walk. A couple of unplanned interviews kiboshed Thursday, so I need to make up for it today.
7.1 pounds lost in two weeks is great to me. That's real weight loss, not water loss like some of the diets that propose 10 pounds in a week. Not realistic and not permanent. After all, it took me more than 2 weeks to put it on, I can't expect to lose it all in a short while. I'm really enjoying wraps, they take away my craving for sandwiches and they're easy to make. I did up 14 chicken breasts, all ready and sitting in the fridge so I can just cube them up and mix with peppers and hummus and voila, instant chicken salad, minus the mayo. Still drinking lots of water and eating tons of fruit. Adele and I have almost gone through a 5 pound bag of frozen blueberries since we started. Kiwis and oranges are in the fridge, now I'm trying to figure out what to do with the pomegranate.
See you all shortly, hopefully in Abbotsford!

No comments:

Post a Comment