Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

New Shoes, No Blues

As a Christmas present, Dallon bought new runners for Adele, Cath and me. I always grab a pair that is too big because of all the standing around I did in the film industry. That allowed me to put on extras socks etc. I never used to tie them because I wanted to be able to just slip my feet in. Apparantly that's wrong. We went to a specialty running store that does a proper measurement of your feet, finding out if you pronate or suppate (walk on the inside or outside of your feet). They took the time to fit the shoes properly. I didn't know shoes could be that comfy!

We had a chance to try out the new kix last night. Dallon and Cath continue to support Adele's and my journey, and so we all went to the track together. We each walked or ran at our own pace and though we only did a full walk for 20 minutes, it still felt great to do it as a family. We've made plans to do it again later this week, depending on the snow.

A small breakthrough to report. I wore a shirt at Christmas dinner that was uncomfortably tight. I wore the same shirt yesterday during an inerview and could distincty feel how much looser it was. That's good because I have several unworn, new shirts that are just one size too small that I would love to be able to wear by mid February.

Off to shovel snow from the floathome, it too needs to lose some weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment