Total Pageviews

Monday, January 10, 2011

2 Birds with 1 Stone


In a day that looked like it was filling up and becoming busier than I imagined, I was able to improvise. Anyone who knows my lovely wife Adele, knows she is the queen of thrift...No, she is the Empress. I defy anyone to get a better deal on anything. As she says, my favorite price is free!

We were going to do a quick run to Talese, a thrift store, where she was trying to find a specific item that I refused to pay $50 for. For her, it's like entering a shoe store (Darcee, you can relate). Bliss. I can put in about a half an hour before I'm done. Her foray into a large store like this one can encompass 4 or 5 hours. I'm not kidding! Anyway, I was wondering how I was going to get my walk in before dark. Easy solution. I did my half hour in the store and then let Adele know that I was going for a walk and to call me 15 minutes before she was ready. Well, a trip down memory lane as I went for a 40 minute walk in North Delta where I grew up. Passed my old house and old stomping grounds. I remember making the same walk when I was a young pre-teen a couple of times a day, wan't a problem then. I managed to get in a great walk on a sunny day and Adele managed to get all her shopping done without me pressuring her.

I'm starting to see that this trip is going to take some planning. I will have to schedule my walks and make sure my foods are ready. I have eaten more fruit in the last week than I did all last year. That was one of the hardest things on Atkins, almost no fruit.

We had our last glass of wine for the week. I'm going to buy one a week and when it's gone, it's gone. That's going to be a tough one.

No comments:

Post a Comment