Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Ch,ch,ch,Changes

I didn't realize how eating is affected (effected?) by emotions. I had heard it before, but I finally had it hit home yesterday.
I had applied for a job, and had sent a counter-offer to the company. When I saw the email pop up with their name on it, I became nervous. They turned down my counter-offer and basically said thanks, but no thanks. The second I read it, I wanted to eat. Anything-everything, didn't matter. I knew what the effect would be but it didn't matter. Self esteem down-food intake up. Wow.
I managed to sit calmly for a few minutes before composing a response and sending it off. Elvis and I then went for a walk. It was that or eat a loaf of bread.
Well, long story short, I stayed on track, I got a response back this afternoon and it looks like I am gainfully employed. Yay! Updates as we get them.
To top it off, on a whim I sent out the first chapter of a book I have been scribbling to an agent and he liked it! More info to come. It will be professionally critiqued by Monday with suggestions on how to proceed. You know what, I still want to eat. It's not because I'm hungry, it's just emotions. Good or bad, who'd a thunk it.

No comments:

Post a Comment